Wednesday 5 March 2008

Pear & pepper soup

I am still working my way through the pears - I had to throw out a whole lot today that couldn't wait for me to get my act together :( At least it inspired me to try out a variation on an interesting soup recipe I found.

Pear & pepper soup
2-3 pears
1 large red capsicum (pepper)
1 clove garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil
900ml stock
A handful or two of red lentils
Salt & pepper to taste (optional)

Peel, core and chop pears & capsicum. Mince garlic. Heat olive oil in pan and saute pears, capsicum & garlic. Add stock & lentils (& seasoning if required). Cook for 20 minutes.

Thermomix version - After peeling & coring, saute pears, capsicum & garlic in olive oil for 2 minutes at 100 degrees on speed 4. Add stock & lentils. Cook for 20 minutes at 90 degrees, speed 2. Blitz on speed 8-9 for 10 seconds.

It smells & tastes delish! Quite sweet, and I'm sure my kids will hate it, which is fine by me :)

1 comment:

The Crone at Wits End said...

Ohhhh what did the kids think of this recipe?

It sounds divine!