Here goes ...
I am grateful for:
- My marriage having lasted 9 years (as of today) and counting. There are times when either of us could have walked, but we chose to stay - because we wanted to, not because we had to. My parents celebrated 45 years of marriage in February. My brother & his wife will have been married 20 years later this year. My sister & her husband will have been married 12 years in just over a week. We're doing ok :)
- My children - yes, they're sometimes (often!) a challenge, but they're also a joy & a wonder. They're healthy, smart, funny & I'm intensely proud of them.
- My family - parents, siblings, in-laws - we might do things differently, think differently and act differently, but when crunch time comes we stick together.
- My friends. I finally discovered what having girlfriends was all about. It took me four decades to get there, but I feel like I've known them forever. Wonderful strong women who inspire me, don't take crap, and tell it like it is. I love you girls!
- The fact that I have the skills and opportunity to work for myself, from my home, and do well at it.
- The experiences I have had in my life, some of which weren't much fun, but all of which have provided opportunities of one kind or another.
- The fast-approaching possibility of being debt-free, including owning our house outright.
- The freedom I have to try new things and see what works for me (and to make mistakes at times).
- The fact that we are able to cover all of our needs and most of our wants.
- The fact that I will have the opportunity to visit a very special friend a long distance away next week - something I have been planning and looking forward to for months :)