Thursday 12 June 2008

The green crocheted thing ...

The green crocheted thing is finished:

It's supposed to be a cloche hat, based on this pattern, but (being a beginner) I didn't really allow for the fact that the Bamboozle yarn (70% bamboo, 30% cotton and deliciously soft!) was a bit bulkier than normal wool. It's also a bit painful to work with - I think the term is 'splitty'. So it's not as close-fitting it should be, and the brim is a bit big and floppy, but it's nice & warm :)

I really do need to go to the hairdresser - looking a bit faded ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the hat just the way it is...intended or not, as for the faded. I will swap my grey hair anytime...ok, ok, my bottle brunette LOL!

Blessings:)

Anonymous said...

adooorable.
I love the color AND the flopsy brim :)