Wednesday 11 June 2008

I'm a little teapot



I'm still just drawing things on my desk last thing at night, but one step at a time ...

Garden update: Too many weeds, lettuces & other greens going to seed, cold and wet (yay! it's been too dry for too long). Miss Tizz's sweetpeas are growing, and something that looks pea-like has emerged from the strawbales.

Music: I've been making an effort to listen to more music lately - it's another of those things that tend to go by the wayside when I get bogged down in the day-to-day of work & keeping the home & family running. On the ipod now: Rock me Amadeus (Falco), Kiss me (Sixpence None the Richer), Rasputin (Boney M), Bubbly (Colbie Caillat), Somebody told me (The Killers) & Sweet about me (Gabriella Cilmi). If you haven't heard Gabriella Cilmi yet, she's worth a listen.

5 comments:

naturewitch said...

WOW! Looks like the rust has worn off your penncil already - lovely!
Isn't the rain great?
Thanks for the reminder about music - going to put some on now.
xx

goingferal(ish) said...

This is very good K, very good.

The Crone at Wits End said...

I love it that you have picked up your pencils again K!

Now draw me a coffee pot girl!

Anonymous said...

Man, I love that you're drawing. I haven't picked up a pencil or charcoal since my last class ended - sheesh.

the music thing. I would say that 80 percent of the time there is music on in this house. We got rid of cable in January and I am happier for it. I still don't have an ipod but my trusty 50 cd changer still works just fine. I have a mix of standard cd's and downloaded files that I've burned to disc all mixed up in there - I keep the whole thing on shuffle so days go by before I hear a song repeat and I only feel the need to change it all up every 4 months or so.
Yes, someday I'll get an ipod but first I have to let go of my dual cassette deck with high speed dubbing!
listening to: Tupelo Honey - Van Morrison, Take Five - Dave Brubeck, Crossroads - Tracy Chapman, How We Operate - Gomez, Another Stoney Evening - Crosby & Nash and about 45 others :)

karen said...

Thank you all for your gorgeous comments.

The rain is beautiful. We need it so much, but of course people are already complaining! Andhow is that people forget how to drive safely in the rain?

We've never had pay tv, and I would be quite okay going without television altogether (I watch very little as it is, but the husband and children would complain loudly!). We've used screen-time bans (tv, computer & Wii) as punishments in the recent past, and it makes a huge difference to the kids' behaviour. The husband has talked about not having it on during the week, and just letting the kids watch Saturday morning cartoons (on the ad-free ABC - public - station), and I'd be happy about that if it ever really happens.

Thanks for the playlist! Now I've turned the music on again I need to go through the collection. I haven't listened to Dave Brubeck for ages. Too much Wiggles & Playschool & Justine Clarke lately! Apparently Justine sing jazz - I might have to see if I can track down some of her 'grownup' stuff ...